Monday, May 2, 2011

Flash Gordon and Atlas Rocket Chalk


I've been working on this one since the beginning of February. After seeing a painting by Teresa N. Fischer in late February I altered the layout a bit and included the box of Rocket Chalk. Matter of fact, you might want to look at some of the rest of her work because I'm thoroughly hooked on her approach to vintage toys in a big way.

I learned a lot about including something other that a fruit jar, although I'm still stuck on glass. I'm going to tackle some old paper in the coming months as I prepare for a one-man show in Eastern Montana because the focus of that show is OLD PAPER, and specifically it will include some pieces from the area. For now, I'm satisfied with the way this one turned out, and I'm back to working on First Day Covers for a while.

9 comments:

  1. I am always amazed at your glass objects in particular, Dave. In this one, it almost has a surreal look to it, as if flash gordon is going through a freshly discovered planet that has a glassy atmosphere!Best of luck with your first covers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ps its debrina here im writing this from my android tablet and it is defaulting to my android google account!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that Mason jar is Perfecto!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great! The details are incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We seem to have quite a few similarities! Love the story about you purchasing large bags full of sheet music. I'll have to keep an eye out for you next time I'm in an antique store. A few years back I actually found a painting my mother did the year I was born. Boy, was I excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dave, love the work shown on your blog, especially your mail art pieces. Thanks for visiting my blog yesterday, nice to meet you! All the best from Germany, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so cool!

    And I've bookmarked Teresa Fischer's site for investigating further.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice composition, MrCachet ... I'm also "hooked on glass" -:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dave, you are the master of glass. Such realistic detail in the reflections and refractions. It's easy to get catch up just looking at the glass alone. Beautiful as always!

    ReplyDelete