Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Gold Chase For Pony


Pony came to be in 1869, named for its founder Tecumseh "Pony" Smith. Why Pony? He wasn't built like a Clydesdale. It was home to a $12,000 school house by 1900, and I posted a piece of paper from Sherman's Piano House in Butte a week ago indicating the purchase of a $365 piano for the school district. This piano ain't it. The invoice doesn't indicated what kind of piano C. E. Morris was purchasing a few keys at a time, so I just picked the first one on the list. This is my first go at using real gold leaf in many years. Oh yes - and I enhanced the billhead a bit as well.

2 comments:

  1. Now THAT is a beautiful thing! I'm glad you didn't "cut to the chase"....the full story in all its glory enhances appreciation of the art. What is the technique for using gold leaf?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well this is nice work. Something I used to do a lot of. I didn't think it was still being done.

    You probably remember when people lived and died at home and endured wakes. Life and Death

    ReplyDelete