Monday, September 20, 2010

Studioscapes!


I was asked by Seth Apter to participate in an online 'gathering' of artists called 'The Pulse' less than a year ago. As part of the experience, we were asked to supply a vignette of our studio space for a the third portion of The Pulse which he called Studioscapes. This past Sunday, my little creative corner was included along with four or five other artists.

So as not to give the impression that my studio looks like my desk, I've decided to let you look at one of the walls! Three of the framed pieces hanging on this wall have found new homes since I took the photograph.

9 comments:

  1. Interesting to see your work space, Dave. I especially like the view of your desk on Seth's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked your photo on Seth´s blog when I first saw it - maybe it´s the sheer beauty of pencils that captured my eye ... and I don´t think it looks chaotic at all :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pieces look great framed. Nice to see them "in action." And congrats on the sales too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this art wall grouping, and of course, the bookstack! And also that you have a Ball jar on your workspace desk - A-OK!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw your desk once with dirty socks on it -:)))

    Congrats on a good show!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed the picture of your workspace and those of others. Brings back gobs of memories. I am still ordering stuff I need to get started again. Not sure how to go about the presentation of the new stuff. I guess Blogger and another blogspot.com address. I will be working mostly on envelopes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done on the sales Dave and lovely to see a bit of your wall! I haven't caught up on Seth's Studioscapes, although another friend of mine, Alicia Caudle just recently featured. Last year I couldn't do the "pulse" thing, so it's nice to see others like yourself do it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. enjoy very much looking into studio spaces...even the messy desk!..where is that desk!!!?

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely to see your wall, too. i was so envious of your gorgeous, sunny desk -- just lovely! if you can't tell, i'm about a week behind, but love that i can now catch up.

    hope you had a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete